The NAIAD Yacht
Scattering Ashes at Sea| Neptune Society of Northern California
The NAIAD is named after mythological nymphs that lived in and gave life to the waters of Ancient Greece.
Since 1977 the Neptune Society of Northern California has offered families a unique and meaningful way to honor their loved one’s memory.
We offer personalized memorial services aboard our 56 ft. long company-owned yacht, The NAIAD, to create a dignified and stunning tribute to your loved one with the support of our trusted first-class crew. Our caring and attentive team will be present on the boat to ensure that every detail is remembered.
Sea scatterings take place in designated areas throughout San Francisco Bay, including locations near the Golden Gate Bridge.
We offer sailings to some of the most popular places to scatter ashes in California, including:
- Kirby Cove, San Francisco Bay
- South Tower of the Golden Gate Bridge, Fort Point
- Horseshoe Cove, San Francisco Bay
- Yellow Bluff, San Francisco Bay
- Angel Island, San Francisco Bay (East, West and South)
- Near McCovy Cove, San Francisco Bay
- Near San Francisco Ferry Building
Why Choose the Neptune Society of Northern California for Scattering Ashes at Sea?
The Neptune Society of Northern California has provided affordable cremation services for thousands of families. If you are looking for sea scattering services in California, you can trust our professionally licensed staff and crew to create a celebration of life that will help you and your loved ones heal from your loss. We pride ourselves on providing services with compassion, kindness, and understanding.
Book now to reserve your sea scattering memorial service with the Neptune Society of Northern California.
Amenities Included in Scattering Ashes at Sea Package
- Multimedia deck – Two smartphone accessible flat-screen televisions
- Certificate of Scattering which lists your loved one’s name, the date of the ceremony, and the exact coordinates of where they were laid to rest.
- Accommodation of up to 40 guests for private charters
Northern California Scattering Ashes at Sea Services
- Common Sea Scattering
- Private Scattering Packages
- Unattended Scattering
- Scenic View Back to Dock
- Clergical services – Families can provide their own clergy, or we can arrange to have a clergy attend for a fee
Military honors services can be performed by military service members prior to sailing or during the excursion.
Availability for Scattering Ashes at Sea
The NAIAD is available for sea scattering services between 9 AM and 1 PM. The three designated time slots for sea scattering services are 9 AM, 11 AM, and 1 PM.
Sailings can be scheduled for the following days of the week:
*Unattended scatterings are only performed on Wednesdays at 9 AM
**Weekend charges may apply
The Neptune Society of Northern California has provided a simple and affordable option for more than 125,000 Californians who prefer cremation as the dignified and ecologically responsible alternative to traditional final arrangements. Contact us online or browse our locations to contact a representative.