In life, we plan for many things- education, vacation, retirement. Yet many of us delay making end-of-life plans. Taking just a few moments to identify your planning strengths and needs can help you begin to plan wisely for the future…and for your peace of mind today.
Take this brief quiz to help determine how prepared you really are.
- Do you have a will? Yes. No.
- Have you discussed your final wishes with your family? Yes. No.
- Have you recently updated your designated beneficiary on your life insurance policies, 401K, etc? Yes. No.
- Have you prepared a health care directive? Yes. No.
- Did you know there are more than 100 decisions that must be made in the first 24 hours following a death? Yes. No.
- If you were to die tomorrow, would your family be financially secure? Yes. No.
- Have you secured your cemetery property? Yes. No.
- Would your loved ones know what to do or who to call if something happened to you today? Yes. No.
- Do your loved ones know what benefits will be available to them following your death (i.e., Social Security, Veterans, insurance or pension funds)? Yes. No.
- Are your insurance policies, financial information, and important documents organized and stored in a safe, secure, and easily accessible location? Yes. No.
How did you do?
If you answered YES to seven or MORE of these questions, you’re already on your way to creating a secure end-of-life plan.
If you answered YES to LESS than seven of these questions, now is the time to get your affairs in order and make important end-of-life decisions for yourself, before your family has to do it for you.
Published | Category: Preplanning Options.