When someone has suffered a loss, it’s only natural to want to send them a message that you care. Many people do this with flowers. So, what should you send?
While a bright bouquet of flowers may seem an obvious choice, it might be a burden if the family is required to find a suitable vase. Consider sending a full arrangement already placed in a water-holding container.
Wondering what color to send?
While there is no right or wrong answer, here is a general guide of what the different colors mean:
- Bright colors signal that you want to cheer someone up or make them smile.
- White is a more traditional color that can be considered peaceful.
- Pastel colors are a more subtle way to say you care.
- A person’s favorite color – no matter what it is — sends a personal message that you care.
Want something that lasts longer than flowers?
Consider giving a living plant as a symbol of life – many plants flower for a beautiful display, too! Just make sure the plant you choose will work with the person’s lifestyle. If the person doesn’t have a green thumb, select something easy and that will grow anywhere. Does the person have a lot of space? If not, a smaller house plant would be ideal. Read below for some options.
- African violets are among the easiest to grow flowering houseplants. They bloom year-round with little effort.
- The Boston fern may look delicate, but it’s not. Its arching and lacy fronds make it suitable for hanging or displaying on a pedestal.
- Calomondin orange trees can grow to about four feet tall and wide, so this one needs a little more space. This hybrid between mandarin orange and kumquat bears fragrant white blossoms in late winter or spring. The wonderfully fragrant flowers develop into showy 1-inch-diameter orange fruits on a shrubby plant with glossy green foliage.
- Geraniums come in many different types and colors. Most are very easy to grow.
- Guzmania are related to pineapples. A shoot with colorful bracts arises from the center of the vase. The bright blooms may remain attractive for up to six months.
Do you have a favorite flower or plant?
If you want your family members and friends to remember you in a special way, contact us today to begin the prearrangment process. This way, you can let them know if a certain flower or plant has special meaning for you; or if you’d prefer they donate to a certain charity or organization.
Published | Category: News.